Easy Steps for Grape Planting
Grape planting can be seen throughout history. Ancient people, as we know, were fond of agriculture and this lead to various types of innovative ideas. Time passed and human beings started exploring various fields of cultivation. Man started cultivating the major areas, which include:
3) Dairy Farming
4) Poultry Farming
5) Animal Husbandry
6) Aqua Culture and Marine Fisheries, and
Before you start your viniculture, you must be able to answer the following important questions, which are very essential for your desire of grape planting. Read the following and note them down:
- What is the need to grow grapes?
- Why do I want to grow or plant grapes?
- Do you just want to grow grapes to eat directly from the vine?
- Do you want to make wine from fresh grapes straight from the vine? Or
- Do you want to do grape planting just like that?
Let there be any of the above reasons or let there be any one specific reason, but grape planting is a very thrilling and a pleasurable process. Before you start planting the grapes, weather it is for wine making or for eating, or just for fun, then always remember and keep this important thing in mind that grape planting is not an easy task. It takes a lot of labor and hard work. If you are ready for this, then this is your cup of hot tea, drink it and refresh yourself. However, not all grapes usually taste good and sweet. Some taste acidic and sour. But do not take an example of an age-old saying, ‘Fox jumped and strived hard to reach and to eat grapes but could not eat, hence the fox concluded that the grapes must be sour’. This is one of the examples but you must have will and patience to plant grapes. If you have true passion, then nothing can stop you from planting the grapes. Conversely, sweet and juicy table grapes are not good for wine. Meaning, table grapes cannot produce good wine.
Advantages of Grape Planting
1) They require less space
2) Can produce much more than enough grapes for your family members
3) 27 inches rainfall is enough for good production of grapes
4) Soil cultivation can speed up mineralization and organic expansion, hence the growth of grapes
5) It adds exquisite splendor to your lawn or garden
Easy Tips for Grape Planting
This is the most important part and now we will be looking into the essential and crucial aspects, which will help in better grape planting. To begin with, it is always necessary to plan everything. Prepare a chart and pen down whatever comes to your mind that is related with your grape cultivation. You need not think much, just jot things down. When you are done, you may contact any of the viniculture specialists who can guide you the precise way of cultivation. However, if you follow certain important and effective steps, then you can do grape planting without seeking anyone’s assistance. The following are some of the significant steps to keep in mind before you jump in.
1) Site or Land Preparation: Site or land preparation is the crucial phase before you begin. You must observe what type of land you have or on what land you want to plant grapes. Always remember that the land should be less-nutrient and should be able to provide ample sun light. The soil, overall, should be loamy
2) Planting Season: Grape planting wholly depends on the appropriate season, adequate for the good growth. The areas which provide less water and have limited irrigation facilities, then the onset of monsoon is the better choice. However, the seasons do vary from place to place and region to region
3) Vine Support: Put up a support that will hold up your vine. Remember that grapes do not grow on ground, but over the ground level. Construct a trellis which will grow at the side of a wall of something which will support the vine. Keep in mind and make sure that the structure you create should be strong enough to support it for several years because you do not want to see your grapes fade and perish
4) Spacing: It depends on the variety of grapes and preparation method. Seedless grapes need approximately 1.2 x 3.6m or 1.8 x 2.4m spacing
5) Pit Digging: Dig pits according to your layout plan and keep 60-90 cm open pit. The ideal gravity is anywhere between 1.095 and 1.105.
The above are some of the easy steps of grape planting but wine making takes years and years, including lots of time and efforts. It is time for you to wake up and fulfill your dream, make your garden or backyard enchanting with incredible grapevines.
Get the FREE Mini Course on Some amazing facts about growing grapes and wine making
Fill out the form below and click submit button
Your First Lesson Will Be in Your Inbox Immediately. No Spam! Yes.